Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A little scare and a lot of awesomeness

On Sunday, I had some weird pain/discomfort on my right side and it really freaked me out. I think you always go worst case scenario and I was straight thinking ectopic. All this for an ectopic pregnancy. I called my doctor and he was really sweet and reassuring, told me that was probably a cyst and I was instantly reassured. Phew. I was still uncomfortable but really don't care cause I just need Scooter to be okay. Pregnancy is pretty uncomfortable anyways!

On Tuesday, I saw the most awesome thing ever, Scooter on the ultrasound screen. It's still just a little peanut of cells, but we saw a heartbeat and I am sooooo happy. There's a baby in there! It really does feel like a miracle. I'm doing my best to stay positive and appreciate everyday but I'm still a little scared something could go wrong, however its becoming more real that there might be a bonafide actual baby at the end of this craziness!

I do have some cysts on my ovaries, which was also oddly reassuring since I'll have some random pain still and its good to know that its those and not anything wrong with the baby. I go back for another ultrasound next week so we can monitor them but then I think I start with the OB. They shouldn't be a big deal, so we just watch. Craziness!

No comments: