Thursday, August 26, 2010

For some reason I was in baltimore?

I had my first labor dream last night, although darn it I didn't have the baby to see if it was a boy or a girl! I keep waiting for that dream to see if it confirms my thoughts of boy. I was in my grandparents row home in Baltimore and I was laboring in the basement. It was one of those situations where I knew where I was but it didn't look like it. So funny. I also knew I was in labor but the pains we weird. I had gas pains in real life all night so maybe it was my body incorporating them.

I had my first OB visit last week, which was an exciting milestone. We got the best pic yet of the baby too, you can actually see the head and arms and legs. It really does bring it home there's a life in there!

I wasn't too pleased with the doctor. Its the practice I've been going to since I was 23, but the doctor I LOVED left to take care of her own kids and I haven't really felt happy there since. I'm considered high risk for a few reasons but I've been considered high risk for my whole life and am generally healthy. I felt like this doctor was already planning my bed rest and booking the hospital. That is not my thought process, I consider being high risk a reason to watch me closer, but not a reason to assume bad things are going to happen. I get it, I'm very realistic about the possibilities of what could happen, but statistics are just that, they are by no means a promise and I think its important to keep a positive attitude. In addition to that, they don't deliver at the hospital I'd like to use, so I'm going to be switching practices. I spoke with my SIL sister and she recommended her practice. I did some research online and I couldn't find a negative thing about them, crazy right? You always find negative reviews. So I'm excited to met with them and see how that goes.

Other than that I'm feeling pretty good. The few symptoms I have are always reassuring actually, its good to know things are progressing as they should!

I've also gone public! Its really nice to not have to hide it anymore, I'm excited to share with the world!

No comments: