Sunday, October 3, 2010

Learning to listen to my body

My body and I have a long and torrid history. Most of the time I hate it, although currently I'm a big fan of task its undertaking. Even though I've always been a large and in charge if you will, my body has for the most part cooperated with whatever endeavor I needed it to complete. Now to be fair, its not like I was asking it to run marathons or take hours of aerobic, but unlike many woman my size, I could always keep up with my friends at outings, didn't really huff walking up stairs etc. Part of this is because even if my body would yell at me, I'd tell it to be quiet and suck it up because it was a big fatty. Well no more.

I attended a wedding yesterday for an old friend. It was a GREAT wedding, one of those where everyone is out on the dance floor, having a great time, smiling to the end and begging the DJ to play just one more song. I danced my little heart out and had a great time. However as the evening wore on, I became increasingly aware that shaking of my booty was causing some pains in the front. Not crazy, OMG I'm going to die pain, but definite discomfort. So I stopped dancing for awhile and though tired, felt fine. But being my stubborn self, when I heard a song I HAD to dance to up, back I went to the dance floor...and back came the pain. I guess this is yet another sacrifice of motherhood, learning to listen to my body and sit on my fanny even though I still want to dance! Its not a big deal, its just for a season, but its just yet another example of how life changes oh so quickly when you're becoming mommy.

No comments: