Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The bestest shower eva!

So surprise on me, my parents didn't come in for my brother's birthday, they came in for my shower! It was a truly excellent rouse and everyone got me, and got me good! My dearest Jackie even convinced me that she had to go on bedrest so she needed me to help her register that weekend. Now that I'm looking back and putting it all together, there were lies everywhere! It was all in good sport though, and I'm so lucky to have so many people conspire against me.

So Jackie's had me come pick her up and then we needed to run by Becky's to return something for her. I was in a FOUL mood, but was trying to buck up so I wouldn't ruin her registering experience. I actually said the words "I'm not going to say anything til I've had something to eat because it won't be nice". Yeah, I was a peach! So we get to Becky's and Jackie asks me to come in for a second cause she ate too much cheese and has to poop (so incredibly something Jackie would say). I grumbled out of the car thinking at least there would be a cute baby for me to snuggle for a minute. So I open the door, looking all sorts of scroungy mind you, and "SURPRISE!!" All of my nearest and dearest in one place to celebrate my little girl. I was completely shocked, the first words out of my mouth were "Well Done" and then I started tearing up and hugging everyone. Folks came from near and far, aunts, cousins, friends, co-workers, I was so incredibly touched. Still am, as a matter of fact! There was just so much love in that room, it was amazing.

Not to mention, all of my favorite foods, fun party games and so many presents. Holy snikes I've never seen a pile of presents like that. It took me well over an hour to get through them and I felt like I was rushing. Amazing, amazing folks I'm blessed with in my life. This is the luckiest baby on the planet.

After the shower, we met up at a Japanese steak house to celebrate my brother's birthday and hang out with some of the out of town relatives. We talked and laughed and my brother and hubs got lit on sake. It was a blast, and I had such a good day!

No comments: