Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I love it when I'm smarter than Doctors :o)

I think I've mentioned on here before that the first OB I went to and I didn't exactly jive. It was the practice I've been limping along with since I was in my early 20s. I LOVED my first doctor there, but she left to have her own babies and I haven't been happy with them since. But, I was already a patient there and I thought I would give them a whirl and see how they would be with obstetric care. After my first meeting with the Dr, I was 100% sure they were not the doctors for me. She basically gave me the impression that I was going to have a horrible pregnancy with all sorts of problems because I have approximately one crapload of risk factors. She was telling me things like they would induce early because I wouldn't be allowed to go past my due date. (Umm...why? NOTHING is actually wrong with me!)

Well today, despite my LONG list of risk factors, I get to mark one more problem off the list. I passed my glucose test, which means no gestational diabetes for me!Take that Dr. Doom and Gloom! Well looky here, guess who knows her body? Guess who was absolutely right to look for doctors who would take the risk factors as a reason to monitor, but not to make hasty plans. I am over the moon right now in my smugness. Which probably means something is about to go wrong, but for right now, I'm loving this.

No comments: